We’re looking for contract/freelance blog writers for our new D2C product review website. This is a perfect opportunity for folks who love to write, enjoy consumer & wellness topics and provide value to readers, and want complete flexibility with their work hours and workload.
There’s no spec work or other shenanigans with us. Simply do the writing and get paid fairly.
Here’s what to expect:
- 1500+ word blog posts. You can choose to do only one post per week or as many as you feel capable of.
- Once your draft is finished, it will go through a light round of editing and then get published. We try to avoid any back-and-forth on posts if possible.
- All the topics will be about D2C products and include things like how to find the right subscription, consumer product reviews, latest wellness trends, etc.
- Must have the bandwidth to write at least one post per week.
- If not based in the UK, must be able to accept payments via Paypal or Transferwise. For UK-based contractors, we do direct deposits.
- 100% remote, work from anywhere you like.
How Our Writing Process Works
You’ll be given a topic, basic outline, and headline for every post. There’s no need to worry about finding an exciting angle or wondering if you’re going in the right direction. We figure that stuff out ahead of time so you can focus on the writing. This also avoids having to do any heavy rewrites. From the beginning, the post will have the right structure and direction.
Once you’ve completed your draft of the post, we’ll review and make minor edits. We know that endless rewrites are a drag for everyone. Our goal is to get the article polished and published without any back and forth. We typically give feedback on the first few posts for any new writer to help them improve their writing. After that, we prefer to publish posts without any rewrites once the writer can hit our quality guidelines on their own.
What do I need to succeed?
- An interest in and knowledge of D2C brands and consumer products (fitness, wellness, beauty, fashion, health, etc.)
- Proven ability to write high-quality engaging content (ideally product comparisons and reviews)
- An existing understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a ‘right-first-time’ approach to your writing
How to Apply:
Apply below and include your CV, a cover letter/message, and links (or attachments) to 2-3 writing samples. Samples should ideally be consumer reviews or how-to posts, but this is not required. Please make sure you are comfortable committing to at least one post per week before applying.
Also include any links you want us to see, such as published works on other sites or a blog.